EPS cement is made from expanded polystyrene (EPS) beads, Portland cement, water, and sometimes sand, or a sand and gravel combination. Some experimenters and commercial companies use additional ingredients, such as: fly ash, plasticizers, fibers, cellulose, bonding agents, silica fume, paper sludge ash and others. The main materials are:
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) beads: These are small, lightweight, and buoyant polystyrene foam beads that are expanded by heat. They are the main component of EPS cement and provide the material with its lightweight and thermal insulation properties.
- Portland cement: This is a type of cement that is made from limestone and clay. It is the binding agent that holds the EPS beads together and gives EPS cement its strength.
- Water: Water is used to mix the EPS beads and Portland cement together. It also helps to hydrate the cement and make it stronger.
- Sand: Sand can be added to EPS cement to improve its strength and durability.
- Gravel: Gravel can also be added to EPS cement to improve its strength and durability.
- Additional ingredients: Some experimenters and commercial companies use additional ingredients in EPS cement, such as fly ash, plasticizers, fibers, cellulose, bonding agents, silica fume, paper sludge ash and others. These ingredients can improve the performance of EPS cement in various ways, such as increasing its strength, durability, fire resistance, and thermal insulation properties.
EPS cement is a versatile material that can be used for a variety of applications, such as:
- Wall panels: EPS cement wall panels are lightweight, strong, and easy to install. They are a popular choice for commercial and residential buildings.
- Roofing: EPS cement roofing tiles are lightweight, durable, and energy-efficient. They are a good choice for homes and businesses that want to save money on their energy bills.
- Foundations: EPS cement foundations are lightweight and easy to pour. They are a good choice for homes and businesses that are located in areas with poor soil conditions.
- Insulation: EPS cement can be used to insulate walls, roofs, and floors. It is an effective way to reduce energy costs and improve comfort.
EPS cement is a sustainable building material that is made from recycled materials. It is also non-toxic and environmentally friendly. EPS cement is a good choice for builders and homeowners who are looking for a lightweight, strong, durable, and sustainable building material.It can be cut by automatic CNC foam cutting machine.