How important is the role of PCB circuit boards in our lives? For us, almost everyone comes into contact with the circuit board every day, such as various electrical appliances and electronic products. However, from a PCB circuit board to the finished product, it has to go through a variety of manufacturing processes to complete. Next, let’s focus on the immersion gold process on the PCB surface.
In the surface treatment of circuit boards, there is a very common process called Immersion Gold. The gold-immersion process is to deposit a nickel-gold coating with stable color, good brightness, flat coating, and good solderability on the surface of the PCB printed circuit. After adding gold, the PCB shows a golden yellow color, which is more golden than the gold-plated color, because the gold is brighter and more beautiful. This is what the saying goes, when you look good, you can sell it at a good price. For our customers, they are presented with high-quality circuit boards, which look very comfortable, and customers will be more satisfied with our products; therefore, the editor summarizes its characteristics as follows:
- Immersion gold plates are bright in color, good in color and good-looking, which enhances the attractiveness of customers.
- The crystal structure formed by immersion gold is easier to solderthan other surface treatments, can have better performance and ensure quality.
- Because the immersion gold board only has nickel and gold on the pad, it will not affect the signal, because the signal transmissionis on the copper layer.
- Because the immersion gold board only has nickel and gold on the pads, the solder mask on the circuit and the copper layer are more firmly combined, and it is not easy to cause micro short circuits.
- The engineerwill not affect the distance when making compensation, which is convenient for work.
Most manufacturers will receive complaints from customers because the PCBs have not been dealt with by Immersion Gold process, which results in poor welding. The flatness and stand-by life of the immersion gold PCB are as good as the gold plated PCB, so most factories currently use the immersion gold process to produce gold PCBs.